Re: Automated package testing (Re: Is Sid for broken stuff? Is it too much to ask for testing the packages?)

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 11:03:58PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 09:53:02AM +1100, Brian May wrote:
>
> I have the beginnings of a UML-based tool for this kind of testing.  Since
> it's a complete kernel+userland environment, this makes it possible to test
> things like network daemons which are problematic in a chroot, especially if
> the same daemon is running on the host.

I'd also be interested in a vserver-based tool, I think. vserver can provide
almost all of the same benefits you derive from UML, and yet runs on more
architectures and doesn't take the performance hit.

-- John