Re: Is Sid for broken stuff? Is it too much to ask for testing the packages?

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 10:13:42AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > Another two suggestions for pbuilder (assuming that they aren't already
> > there...):
>
> pbuilder "hooks" are provided, so the framework for the following 3 are
> probably possible.
>
> Specify --hookdir option for the directory which contains hook files,
> and having shellscripts like
>
> C01invokeshell   (which probably just calls bash < /dev/tty > /dev/tty)
> B01installcheck  (which probably just dpkg -i /tmp/buildd/*.deb)
> B02debiantest    (which probably runs debian-test over the package)
>
> I'll probably go and add this to the examples for pbuilder, if
> nobody manages to do it before me :P
>

> will do almost everything you want.
> It's a bit difficult to check package upgrade/downgrades automatically,
> because I am out of ideas for obtaining source for older versions of the
> package reliable and automatically.

  Well, you'll have the previous package in the archive (at least for
  the common case). And this is the most useful test. The other test
  that should be done is upgrading from the last stable version when
  you're near the release. But perhaps that should be done in a more
  general way (upgrading from woody to sarge)

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org