Re: dinstall/debian-installer

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 01:35:21AM +0000, James Troup wrote:
> *sigh* all the mail sent by the python scripts is done by
> utils.send_mail(); if you want to ensure they don't send any mail make
> that function a nop.  But it's becoming increasingly clear to me that
> the source should probably be sabotaged to not work without changes to
> stop people who don't know what they're doing using it to send people
> unsolicited and confusing mail. :(

First you were encouraging us to learn to use it, now your discouraging
us from even trying????

Which one?

All you need is a documentation like README.first with "to
disable sending unsolicted mails do X,Y,Z".

I was trying various things, obviously it wasn't enough.

Also I don't want to totally disable mails, like I said before.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>