Re: private debian pools

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 09:19:52PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> Have you ever looked at katie, jenna and the other girls? They can do
> magic, 99 % of which unneeded in the case of simple private archives.

I looked at katie; it seemed to be a complicated and undocumented mess
that was a total overkill for my purpose (eg. I don't need a database).

I couldn't even guess where I was suppost to start.

Also I didn't want to interfere with Debian in anyway, eg. by accidently
announcing package uploads to the Debian mailing lists and/or closing
other peoples bugs when all I did was upload it to my private archive.

What is jenna though? I see "she" is also in the CVS checkout I did ages
ago. I may be daft or something, but these names mean absolutely nothing
to be when I am trying to get a given task done.

Maybe one day these tools will get better documented, I will be
willing to setup a database to manage them. Then I probably should also
be able to do cool things like have uploads that fix bigs add to the bug
report "this bug has been fixed in the version in my private archive,
see http://.../... for details", for instance.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>