Re: private debian pools

James Troup <james@nocrew.org> writes:

> Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I looked at katie; it seemed to be a complicated and undocumented
> > mess that was a total overkill for my purpose (eg. I don't need a
> > database).
>
> That "complicated and undocumented mess" has been running the Debian
> archives successfully and without major incident for over 2 years now;
> it must be doing something right.
>
> > I couldn't even guess where I was suppost to start.
>
> You could try reading the "non-existent" documentation...

There is some documentation for using it, but is there any for the
initial setup?

I certainly have read the docs from CVS, but I'm stuck at the
installation stage.  I can see what installs where from the debian/*
packaging, but what I need to do to setup the archive and database
isn't clear.

Regards,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh
                "Liberty and Livelihood" - Support the Countryside Alliance