Re: dinstall/debian-installer

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 11:10:18AM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 10:49:03AM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> > - when new package is accepted it will inform uploader and package
> >   maintainer; the maintainer might confuse this E-Mail as an
> >   unauthorised upload to the Debian archive. I am not sure what the best
> >   solution is here.
>
> I thought I fixed this by altering all the template files, but
> apparently some notifications still got through to the some puzzled
> package maintainers :-(.
>
> So if you got a notification from me that your package was installed, I
> apologize...
>
> Now I wonder if this was lisa, kelly or jennifer's fault.

I consider this a really ugly hack:

if Cnf.get("Dinstall::TrackingServer") and changes["architecture"].has_key("source"):
      Subst["__ANNOUNCE_LIST_ADDRESS__"] = Subst["__ANNOUNCE_LIST_ADDRESS__"] + "\nBcc: %s@%s" % (changes["source"], Cnf["Dinstall::TrackingServer"]);

I thought __ANNOUNCE_LIST_ADDRESS__ would expand only to the
address of the configured mailing list, but it also expands to include
the tracking server too.

I am guessing that the maintainer got my message via the tracking
server (I hope this didn't mess anything up...).

So add to my previous list: remove the Dinstall::TrackingServer config
setting from katie.conf!

I think that will fix the problem.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>