Re: location of UnicodeData.txt

Emile van Bergen writes:
> I'd say that the definition of Unicode, heck even ASCII, involves a fair
> amount of creativity.

I don't doubt that the development of Unicode involved creativity: under
current law it probably qualifies as a patentable invention.  Inventions
and ideas, however, cannot be copyrighted: only creative works reduced to
tangible form can.  I'm arguing that the _creation_ _of_ _that_ _table_
involved no creativity, not that the invention of Unicode didn't.

Is it possible to create other Unicode tables that serve the same purpose
as that one and differ from it non-trivially?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)