Re: location of UnicodeData.txt

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 13:55:31 +0100
Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@pixelized.ch> wrote:

> No, we can live without standard in main. I never read ISO C and POSIX
> standards (because these was non free (like free beer)). But
> I program GNU/Linux in C. Also the RFC are not enough free, but I see
> no problem readint it in non-free.
>
> It would better to have those standard in 'main' and to be able
> to modify (translate, correct, collect, simplify,..), but yet...
There is no use in changing standards without agreeing on it in some
forum.

> UnicodeData is different, because we need the data in our program,
> not only the ideas. And it this case we see that as software!

Maybe you're right that we don't really need the rfc's in main. They
actually are now and it would be a shame if we dropped them. But we need
files like this unicode file in main, which is part of a specification
(I think), so can't  be altered.

grts Tim