On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 07:20:39PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:42:39PM -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:
> > Perhaps some of us feel that "The Way Things Are Now" is consistent with our
> > Social Contract and our list of committments, and changing that would be
> > violating that Contract and those committments.
>
> That's a recursive definition.  "The way things are now" is our current
> social contract, so you are saying "The way things are now is consistent
> with the way things are now."  I suppose that could be taken as an axiom,
> but I don't see any useful benefit to it :-)

I'm aware that the definition is somewhat tautological.  But my opinion
remains that our users are currently better served by the status quo than
what you are proposing.

But, as someone else said, this discussion is getting old.  I was away for
about a week so I didn't get a chance to participate in the tail end of it.
I'd rather just let the matter rest and let it go to vote.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>