On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 11:22:42AM -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 12:56:05PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:56:46AM -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:
> > > Why does the "GR-opposition party" need to stand "for" anything, other than
> > > preserving the status quo?
> >
> > Thanks for clarifying that.
>
> Your wit is razor sharp as usual, Branden.

I guess you're being sarcastic, because I was being sincere.

> What you seem to be implying is that there is something wrong with the
> desire to preserve the way things are now (regardless of the
> motivation).  Is this your position?

There is not necessarily anything wrong with it.  However, I cannot find
"Preserve the Way Things Are Now" in Debian's list of committments in
its Social Contract with the Free Software Community.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    You should try building some of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    stuff in main that is