On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:42:39PM -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:
> Perhaps some of us feel that "The Way Things Are Now" is consistent with our
> Social Contract and our list of committments, and changing that would be
> violating that Contract and those committments.

That's a recursive definition.  "The way things are now" is our current
social contract, so you are saying "The way things are now is consistent
with the way things are now."  I suppose that could be taken as an axiom,
but I don't see any useful benefit to it :-)

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>    GPG: 0x8A1D9A1F    www.complete.org
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.  `Don't bother us