On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 11:22:42AM -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:
> > Thanks for clarifying that.
>
> Your wit is razor sharp as usual, Branden.  What you seem to be implying is
> that there is something wrong with the desire to preserve the way things
> are now (regardless of the motivation).  Is this your position?

I'm not speaking for Branden, but I don't think that "keeping things the way
they are for its own sake" is a compelling argument.

The status quo is rooted in odd compromises of 1997, not relevant today.  I
don't believe that there is any reason to insist that it must always be as
it was in 1997.  Let's talk about the two options -- the 1997 draft and the
2002 draft -- on their merits.

-- John