Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 04:05:51PM -0500, Matthew C. Tedder wrote:

> I'm contemplating switching to Gentoo for the following reasons:
>
> -  Compiles source very trouble free from almost any tgz on the web
> -  Seems VERY up-to-date
> -  More friendly to newcomers (in my opinion)
> -  Not likely to switch to Hurd some day
> -  Not so close to GNU as Debian is, so can get fair take on:
>   -  ReiserFS

  Why don't help with debian-installer instead?

>   -  KDE

  Why don't help with gcc transition instead?

  And what does both have to do with GNU?

   It's very easy to say: "I switch" and then start to say that Debian
   is blah, blah and blah, instead of helping to make things work.

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org