Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:22:42PM -0500, Mako Hill wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 10:28:05AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Sorry, correction: total liquid assets.  SPI "owns" some hardware in the
> > U.S. on behalf of Debian (like the machine that is auric.debian.org),
> > but an exhaustive inventory has not been done.
> >
> > We, uh, might want to do that someday, say for insurance purposes in
> > case of a fire or something.  :(
>
> This is something I've been trying to do for a while. Maybe having one
> of our machines go up in flames provides a good opportunity to make this
> case again and actually get answered in more than 10% of the cases. :/

Well, it may be time to ask the DPL to put on the steel-toed boots and
exercise his knees while certain people's butts just happen to be
nearby.  :)

(All management ultimately boils down to the scene at the watering hole
in _2001_. ;-) )

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      The noble soul has reverence for
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      itself.