Re: opening -private archives (was Re: Discussion - non-free software removal)

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Shaya Potter wrote:
> no, lets say he is talking about someone, and that person doesn't
> want it made public, its more complicated than what you just said.

If the person who said it doesn't mind if it is made public, the
subject of the message is immaterial, because they could just as soon
repost it and say the exact same thing.

That is, I don't have the right to stop you from saying that I'm a
two-bit loser with a penchant for pedantry just because I don't want
it made public... although you might refrain because it would be rude.

Don Armstrong

--
I leave the show floor, but not before a pack of caffeinated Jolt gum
is thrust at me by a hyperactive girl screaming, "Chew more! Do more!"

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu