Re: opening -private archives (was Re: Discussion - non-free software removal)

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:02:40AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > PS: And yes I would also vote for opening private after a certain delay.
>
> IMHO personal affairs (such as vacations) shouldn't be posted on the
> web since their is an increasing risk that this information might be
> used for mischief (for example, house break-ins).

I personally am not terribly interested in seeing information that was
shared on -private that would not reasonably be made public
[vacations, addresses, phone numbers, etc.] However, in the case
Branden mentions, and possibly others, -private has been used to
discuss issues that have shapped the future of the project. It would
be nice to make (at the very least) historically relevant [or
interesting] portions of -private available.

Don Armstrong

--
I leave the show floor, but not before a pack of caffeinated Jolt gum
is thrust at me by a hyperactive girl screaming, "Chew more! Do more!"

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu