Re: opening -private archives (was Re: Discussion - non-free software removal)

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:02:40AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> PS: And yes I would also vote for opening private after a certain delay.

	I don't. Notice that some of the stuff in private is quite
personal (including the "I vomitted my laptop" :) and I wouldn't like this
to be disclosed (and then harvested by zillions of web robots, databases
or whatever out there).

	IMHO personal affairs (such as vacations) shouldn't be posted on
the web since their is an increasing risk that this information might be
used for mischief (for example, house break-ins). Some people have posted
stuff in -private with the idea in mind that it will be *never* ever,
ever, be made public.

	This should not change.

	Javi

PS: Note that even if the information is historical I could probably do
data analysis such as: person X always goes on vacation on the first week
after the end of the summer.