Re: URLs on debian.org/distrib/packages pages

On 14-Nov-02, 11:59 (CST), Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> [...]
> > The purpose of a package description is to tell you what a package is,
> > so you can decide if you want to install it (or remove or whatever). The
> > only reason I can see for putting an URL in a package description would
> > be if the package description is not sufficiently good to describe the
> > package. In that case, the description should be fixed instead of
> > linking to a web site that may not be available.
> [...]
>
> I'd like a link on packages.debian.org because the package's home page
> gives me information that cannot be seen from the description:

Joey didn't say there shouldn't be a link, he simply said it's not
necessary that it be in the Description field.

And if were going down the "I'd like" path, what I'd *really* like on
p.d.o is "date uploaded:" field and a link to the full changelog (a link
to search debian-*-changes for the most recent message for the source
package would be about 50% as good). I can google and find the upstream
for most packages.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland