Re: URLs on debian.org/distrib/packages pages

Hello,

Am Mit, 2002-11-13 um 21.00 schrieb Anthony Towns:
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:42:20PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> > Every time this has been brought up in the past, the web team has
> > stated that upstream urls will be added they are available in a
> > standard place in an standard format.
>
> Might be an idea to say something like:
>
>       ``If the file /usr/share/doc/<pkgname>/copyright exist in the
>         package <pkgname>, and contains a line beginning with
>         "Upstream:", the text on the same line following that will be
>         added to the packages.debian.org pages.''
>
> instead.

Well, this would requre most packages to be changed anyway, so why not
do the same thing with the package description? This would be much
easier for the packages.d.o programmers, you could check for a url with
apt-cache show and, eh. that's it.

Joachim Breitner
--
Joachim Breitner