On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 02:10:00PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Are you starting to ignore relations like CosmicRay now? If non-free goes
> away, contrib likely gets a boost, with installer packages for the useful
> stuff in non-free. Or drops, even, if some non-free library goes away, the
> dependent packages in contrib are worthless.

I disagree.  There are plenty of packages in contrib that depend on
stuff that isn't packaged, or doesn't have a Debian package that is
distributed by the Debian Project.

Package: xtrs
Section: contrib/otherosfs
Installed-Size: 1052
Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 4.9-2
Depends: debconf, libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1), libncurses5 (>= 5.2.20020112a-1), libreadline4 (>= 4.3-1), xlibs (>> 4.1.0)
Filename: pool/contrib/x/xtrs/xtrs_4.9-2_i386.deb
Size: 311440
MD5sum: 8485b600ddcf88c6e01cb78d8680059e
 xtrs is an X-based emulator for the Tandy/Radio Shack line of Zilog
 Z-80-based microcomputers popular in the late 1970's and early 1980's.  It
 features cassette, floppy, and hard drive emulation, timer interrupt
 emulation, file import and export from the host operating system, support for
 most of the undocumented Z-80 instructions, and a built-in debugger.  Real
 floppy drives can be used, and, if an OSS-compatible sound driver is
 available, application-based sound can be played and real cassettes read and
 written directly through the sound card or via WAVE files.  Several hi-res
 graphics cards are emulated and, in Model 4/4P mode, mice are supported.
 There is also real-time clock, sound card, serial port, joystick, and CPU
 clock speedup emulation.
 .
 xtrs requires ROM images from the original machines.  The ROMs are
 copyrighted by Radio Shack and are not freely licensed.  (Exception: in Model
 4P mode, a freely licensed boot ROM included with this package can be used to
 boot a Model 4 operating system from a diskette image.)  Instructions are
 provided for retrieval of TRS-80 ROM images by those who may legally use
 them.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I've made up my mind.  Don't try to
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    confuse me with the facts.