On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 10:50:11PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	But it is likely. I know for a fact that one such almost-free
>  package won't be. And I have no idea where you are drawing your
>  conclusions from -- where shall these archive sites magically appear
>  from?

I think that the large number of interested developers have already made
themselves known in this mailing list.  Between all of the hundreds of
Debian developers, there are plenty of people with connections to bandwidth
and disk space.  There are plenty of mirror sites (metalab, kernel.org,
archive.progeny.com, etc.) that would no doubt be happy to mirror it, as
they are already mirroring Debian's non-free collection.  I really don't see
it as a problem at all.

If the non-free support is so weak that nobody cares enough to put a little
bit of work into it, that says something about how little we care about
non-free here, doesn't it?

-- John