Re: URLs on debian.org/distrib/packages pages

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	How about:
>  ``If the file /usr/share/doc/<pkgname>/copyright exist in the package
>  <pkgname>, and contains a string like:
>
>  Upstream: <URI>
>  Where URI is a subset of the URI specified by section 1.2. URI, URL,
>  and URN of  RFC 2396, and has the form:
>
>    ftp://ftp.is.co.za/rfc/rfc1808.txt
>       -- ftp scheme for File Transfer Protocol services
>    gopher://spinaltap.micro.umn.edu/00/Weather/California/Los%20Angeles
>       -- gopher scheme for Gopher and Gopher+ Protocol services
>    http://www.math.uio.no/faq/compression-faq/part1.html
>       -- http scheme for Hypertext Transfer Protocol services
>
> 	Then these URI's shall be added to the  packages.debian.org pages.''

All fine except, I think, the last sentence. How about changing that to
say that such an URI will point to the upstream site of the package and
leave the debian web site out of it. These links would have other
purposes besides appearing on p.d.o after all; I can imagine a pkghome
command or something that automatically directs your web browser to the
home page (or best equivilant) of any package you have installed.

--
see shy jo