Re: suggestion: DFDG - Debian Free Documentation Guidelines [was: Discussion - non-free software removal]

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 04:20:32PM +0100, Martin Wuertele wrote:
> This applies for docs generated out of a package but not e.g. for RFCs
> (see the doc-rfc-* problem) and Books like selfhtml. My intention was to
> set up guidelines for requirements for these type of docs. Current DFSG
> talkes about GPL, BSD and Artistic licenses, what about the Open
> Publication License, Free Documentation License,...?

I suggest you read the archives of debian-legal for answers to your
questions.

In a very brief summary, no one has yet disagreed with the assertion
that a work licensed under the  OPL is Free if none of the license
options are excersied.  No one has yet disagreed with the assertion that
that works licensed the GNU FDL are Free if there are no Invariant
Sections and no Cover Texts.

Beyond that, the OPL and FDL have been subjects of argument, and there
has been no consensus.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      When dogma enters the brain, all
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      intellectual activity ceases.