Re: suggestion: DFDG - Debian Free Documentation Guidelines [was: Discussion - non-free software removal]

* John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> [2002-11-13 16:00]:

> Wrong.  If you have the right to modify a piece of software for your own
> purposes, why should you not have the right to modify its documentation to
> state what you have done?

This applies for docs generated out of a package but not e.g. for RFCs
(see the doc-rfc-* problem) and Books like selfhtml. My intention was to
set up guidelines for requirements for these type of docs. Current DFSG
talkes about GPL, BSD and Artistic licenses, what about the Open
Publication License, Free Documentation License,...?

yours Martin
--
<maxx@debian.org> --------------------------------- NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
           GPG / PGP encrypted and signed messages preferred