Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 02:37:01PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Users perceive this software as coming "from Debian", where "Debian"
> is some amalgam of Debian (the OS), and Debian (the project).  Debian
> (the OS), includes only free software.  Debian (the project)
> distributes Debian (the OS), as well as a bunch of other, non-free
> software which looks a lot like everything else that the user gets
> from Debian.

Yup, yup, yup.  You've hit the source of Josip's confusion on the head.

Debian (the Project) != Debian GNU/Linux (the product)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     When I die I want to go peacefully
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     in my sleep like my ol' Grand