Debconf-like note for non-free packages (was: Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing)

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> The basis for this misunderstanding is that the packages in question are
> distributed by archives under the "Debian" umbrella, such as the
> {http,ftp}.<iso-3166>.debian.org mirrors.  Users perceive this software as
> coming "from Debian", where "Debian" is some amalgam of Debian (the OS), and
> Debian (the project).  Debian (the OS), includes only free software.  Debian
> (the project) distributes Debian (the OS), as well as a bunch of other,
> non-free software which looks a lot like everything else that the user gets
> from Debian.

What do people think about a note (maybe using Debconf) that is
displayed at the installation of all non-free packages, stating the
package is non-free and displaying its license. There should also be an
option to abort the installation of the package in case the user doesn't
agree with the license. This way, I suppose that a lot of users would be
at least much more aware of what non-free stuff they are using[1].

Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt