Re: Why are modules and modules.conf not versioned?

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> wrote:
[...]
> /etc/modules is mostly a convenience thing, it should never really be
> needed if you configure things in /etc/modutils/ properly. I use it
> on occasion when I'm too lazy to figure out the proper alias name that
> the kernel requests for example.

Hello,
Autoloading iirc does not work e.g. for lmsensors, because /iirc/ the
data is accessed via /proc and not some file in /dev. You'd probably
have the same problem if you were using Alsa without OSS compability.
(But alsa-drivers are loaded manually by the init-script and not by
kmod anyway.)
                  cu andreas, not speaking ex cathedra.