Re: RFH: APT

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Adam Heath wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > Thomas's problem package file is one, last time I tried it though it
> > didn't happen here. The new gettext i18n stuff is also pretty screwed up,
> > the translation files are very old. The po directory apparently doesn't
> > build on SMP either because of a bad assumption I made, the make-hackary
> > to fix that is unfortunately rather involved though.
[...]
> As for Thomas' problem, is he listening?  Could you clue the rest of us in
> into how to duplicate it?

Yes I am - I've been experiencing corrupted package lists with the CVS
version. I have tried to track it down but failed and communication
with Jason needed too much time, since that was a production system so I
gave up and backed down to apt-0.5.4. I am installing apt-cvs now and will
keep the deity list up to date on how I fare.
*t

         Tomas Pospisek
         http://sourcepole.ch
         Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11