Re: A Round of Removals

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Matijs van Zuijlen wrote:

> >   libutahglx-dev
>
> I'm sorry to see this go, since utah is the only way 3D acceleration
> will work on my video card (ATI Mach64). The bug reports include a
> patch, but it doesn't seem to have been applied. I am not a DD, but is
> there something I can do?

Yes, there is.  Apply the patch, rebuild the package, and test it on your
hardware.  When you're convinced it fixes the bug listed and doesn't
introduce any new haemmorages, post to the BTS stating this.  If you can
contact the maintainer privately as well to let them know that this bug is
solvable and you would really like to see the package remain, bonus.

Considering that the package is very soon to disappear, it should be done
quick.  Trying to find a DD to NMU the package is an acceptable substitute
under the circumstances, instead of getting the maintainer to do it.

- Matt