Re: A Round of Removals

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 08:29:46AM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Matijs van Zuijlen wrote:
>
> > >   libutahglx-dev
> >
> > I'm sorry to see this go, since utah is the only way 3D acceleration
> > will work on my video card (ATI Mach64). The bug reports include a
> > patch, but it doesn't seem to have been applied. I am not a DD, but is
> > there something I can do?
>
> Yes, there is.  Apply the patch, rebuild the package, and test it on your
> hardware.  When you're convinced it fixes the bug listed and doesn't
> introduce any new haemmorages,

This is indeed what I'm planning now. It seems the patch does not touch
the actual software at all, just the debian bits (build-depends and
provides), so it would not take much to convince me.

> post to the BTS stating this.  If you can
> contact the maintainer privately as well to let them know that this bug is
> solvable and you would really like to see the package remain, bonus.
>
> Considering that the package is very soon to disappear, it should be done
> quick.  Trying to find a DD to NMU the package is an acceptable substitute
> under the circumstances, instead of getting the maintainer to do it.

That is probably what will happen. I will try to do the patching and
building either tomorrow or on saturday.

I'm off to sleep now, so I won't be able to respond to this thread for a
while.

--
Matijs van Zuijlen

    ... designed to fill holes or cracks of not more than two cubic vims.
			    -- Robert Sheckley, Untouched by Human Hands