Re: [desktop] Real users experience.

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 09:13, Craig Dickson wrote:
> Daniel Burrows wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 02:34:10PM -0400, Colin Walters <walters@debian.org> was heard to say:
> > > I think actually in Windows XP the screensaver serves both roles; it
> > > locks the screen, and also allows you to log in as a different user.
> > > I'm not sure exactly how we would implement this.
> >
> >   Oh, also, it might get confusing for newbies if several people do this
> > in a row (eg: user A starts, wanders off; user B starts a new session,
> > wanders off, user C starts a new session, uses it, and exits.  A comes
> > back and can't figure out where his screen went..)
>
> Actually, in XP that's not confusing at all, simply because XP's login
> screen shows you a list of all the user accounts and indicates which
> ones are logged on currently.

Well, I believe Daniel was referring to A being confused because if he
logged on again, he would just get the default desktop instead of his
previous session.

That's a separate issue from showing the list of users.  GDM can do that
too, but it is disabled by default.

Still though, I think this would be a really cool feature.  I hope some
guru with deep X knowledge steps up to the plate.