Re: [desktop] Real users experience.

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 02:34:10PM -0400, Colin Walters <walters@debian.org> was heard to say:
> I think actually in Windows XP the screensaver serves both roles; it
> locks the screen, and also allows you to log in as a different user.
> I'm not sure exactly how we would implement this.

  Could we just hack xscreensaver to add a button for this?  It looks
like Gnome implements it by just calling gdmflexiserver.

  The only complication I can imagine is that you'd want to detect which
desktop manager was being used and adjust the behavior of the
screensaver accordingly (call a different program or don't show the
button at all)
  Oh, also, it might get confusing for newbies if several people do this
in a row (eg: user A starts, wanders off; user B starts a new session,
wanders off, user C starts a new session, uses it, and exits.  A comes
back and can't figure out where his screen went..)

  Daniel

|                       "...drums...drums in the deep!"                       |
|                         J. R. R. Tolkien                                    |
\------------- Got APT? -- Debian GNU/Linux http://www.debian.org ------------/