Re: semi-moderating debian lists

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 02:23:50AM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> Duncan Findlay dijo:
> > Even if it's not as consuming as I think it would be, it's more
> > consuming than my proposal, which is automated.
>
> The difference is that a spammer can get his auth token if he wants to,
> and that Santiago's proposal is ready for production *now*. Even if a DD
> sent pgp-signed spam about increasing your penis size for 12 $, it
> would'nt get through a human filter.

Call me naive, but spammers don't _target_ Debian. They don't sit
around and decide. Hmm... lets send lots of spam to Debian. The reason
Debian lists get spam is because of web crawling robots. No spammer is
going to look at the replies and realise "Hey, my spam didn't get to a
large mailing list of people vehemently opposed to spam." and then
jump through a hoop to get it to us.

And really, if a Debian developer wants to send a pgp-signed spam
avout increasing your penis size, he/she would be subject to section 3
of the DMUP.

> I don't care about the solution. I just want *something* (anything)
> done.

I'd like to see something done to, no matter how. However, it bothers
me to see people waste _more_ time due to spam.

--
Duncan Findlay