Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On the note of Lightweight and Other Environments.

Here are some comparatively lightweight ones that come to mind,
WindowMaker, XFce, ICEwm, and TkDesk (yes TkDesk, it works great on
_really_ old hardware).

I am strongly familiar with Windomaker and would happily contribute some
theme time, and some configuration changes. I can also help write a quick
FAQ on how to make GNOME and KDE play nice with it as well. (I think they
actually have this on the WindowMaker.org site.) Anyone else up for that?

By the way, GNOME 2 and WindowMaker do not play well at the moment, as you
have to disable Nautilus's Draw Desktop feature/bug. :)

My word that's a lot of email in a short period of time....

Matthew McGuire
Independant Debian Zealot