Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On 10/24/2002 11:00 AM, Glenn McGrath at bug1@optushome.com.au wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:46:18 -0400
> Luke Seubert <ls.maillist@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I believe I understand your point.  Is the idea to use a label like "Web
>> Browser", instead of a label like "Explorer", or a proper name like,
>> "Galeon"?
>
> all of a sudden 50 sourceforge projects change their name to editor(1),
> editor(2)..... editor(50), Imagine the absolute disaster if this concept
> was extended to the command line.

<Steve Martin Voicemode>  Oh NOOO!  Not. . . . THAT!!! </Steve Martin
Voicemode>

Heh.  Yeah, it could be a problem.

I think the emerging consensus is to use a descriptive label, followed by
the proper program name in parenthesis.  Colin suggested this I believe.

e.g.

Web Browser (Galeon)
Text Editor (Kate)
etc.