Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 02:57:29AM +0200, Joakim Kolsjö scribbled:
> > Things like RH's BlueCurve just don't make much
> > sense - they assume people will mix applications from both (or more)
> > desktops, a wrong assumption IMHO.
> >

> I do precisely that, my favorite applications are mostly GTK based
Maybe I wasn't precise enough. I mean the newbies shouldn't be assumed to
mix KDE and GNOME apps - they should use whatever we serve them (at the
start at least, of course).

> while some of them use QT. But i agree, it is better to keep the
> desktops they way they are not try to make them look the same with
> a theme like BlueCurve.
Definitely.

> I like the idea to use names like "Web Browser". But it would also be
> good to be able to access both the debian-standard-menu and the other
> desktop's menu.
Sure, but that should be an "advanced" feature. Newbies tend to get lost
very quickly when they have too many choices.

marek