Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

> Things like RH's BlueCurve just don't make much
> sense - they assume people will mix applications from both (or more)
> desktops, a wrong assumption IMHO.

I do precisely that, my favorite applications are mostly GTK based
while some of them use QT. But i agree, it is better to keep the
desktops they way they are not try to make them look the same with
a theme like BlueCurve.

I like the idea to use names like "Web Browser". But it would also be
good to be able to access both the debian-standard-menu and the other
desktop's menu.

Joakim Kolsjö
A member of The Swedish Linux Society, http://se.linux.org.