Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On 10/23/2002 1:50 PM, Richard Braakman at dark@xs4all.nl wrote:

> Hmm, I guess that even a simple menu can have a "Everything" label
> under which a user can find everything, if needed.  Not everything
> flat, but a deeply nested menu tree like we have today.  It would
> be rarely used, but available when needed.  That way you get to
> keep both features.

That might be the way to do it.  Have a sub-directory somewhere in the menu
hierarchy that allows one to see every program available to the menu
software, as is presently done.

There might be other ways of accomplishing this that are more elegant, but
it would be nice to have a clean, elegant way to have simple menus, and yet
an "Everything" menu also available for the power user.  Hopefully these two
things can be reconciled in some way.

Cheers
Luke Seubert