Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 12:00:23PM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   That's true, but it's useful to have a semi-exhaustive list of the
> interactive programs on your computer available.  I think every program
> should supply menu information (as today), and groups that want to make
> certain software not available (in the menu) by default can install
> override information.

Hmm, I guess that even a simple menu can have a "Everything" label
under which a user can find everything, if needed.  Not everything
flat, but a deeply nested menu tree like we have today.  It would
be rarely used, but available when needed.  That way you get to
keep both features.

Richard Braakman