Re: Make Debian better (Re: Two Debian 3.0 reviews at Slashdot)

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 02:45:44PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Whining about Debian developers whining about upstream implies that you
> expect Debian developers to fix every problem.  For instance, I suppose

My problem is some developers will tell the user to submit it
upstream, when my understanding is the devel is supposed to flag it as
upstream and go submit it upstream themselves, since they're supposed
to have an idea what bugs are upstream anyway, and know how to provide
more helpful input for upstream.

--
Baloo