Re: mplayer installer package

On 18 10 2002 21:48, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 08:17:26PM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> > I guess it would be nice to package something like mplayer installer, as
> > of the fashion of nvidia-* or msttcorefonts packages. I'm currently not
> > sure if there is some license issues left around Mplayer, which prevent
> > uploading the whole mplayer code packaged in the official archive and if
> > there is already something like mplayer-installer debianized somewhere...
>
> Screw the installer mess.  As long as there are ongoing questions of
> mplayer's license being honest (how many times have they sworn it's really
> all GPL now?), there will likely not be even an installer package.  Once

well I guess the installer package will be DFSG compatible, so Debian archive
will be OK. No screw license code uploaded there.
what is the case then with nvidia-* installer packages which I for one happily
use thanks to the maintainer.

> questions of license are resolved, there will probably be a package in
> main supporting everything it can without win32 codecs.  In the meantime,
> Christian Marilliat has packages outside the Debian archive.

installer packages or the whole mplayer code packaged and binary distributed ?
provide location please ;-)

P.S. please do not Cc, I'm subscribed to the list and I far as I know Cc'ing
is only on user's request ...
--
Greets, fr33zb1
[catching up with Sid (the boy next door who destroyed toys :-)]