Re: mplayer installer package

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 08:17:26PM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> I guess it would be nice to package something like mplayer installer, as of
> the fashion of nvidia-* or msttcorefonts packages. I'm currently not sure if
> there is some license issues left around Mplayer, which prevent uploading the
> whole mplayer code packaged in the official archive and if there is already
> something like mplayer-installer debianized somewhere...

Screw the installer mess.  As long as there are ongoing questions of
mplayer's license being honest (how many times have they sworn it's really
all GPL now?), there will likely not be even an installer package.  Once
questions of license are resolved, there will probably be a package in
main supporting everything it can without win32 codecs.  In the meantime,
Christian Marilliat has packages outside the Debian archive.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>      Available in cherry and grape

=== This letter is the Honor System Virus ====
If you are running a Macintosh, OS/2, Unix, or
Linux computer, please randomly delete
several files from your hard disk drive and
forward this message to everyone you know.