Re: mplayer installer package

On Friday 18 October 2002 10:17 am, George Danchev wrote:
> Hello,
> I guess it would be nice to package something like mplayer installer, as of
> the fashion of nvidia-* or msttcorefonts packages. I'm currently not sure
> if there is some license issues left around Mplayer, which prevent
> uploading the whole mplayer code packaged in the official archive and if
> there is already something like mplayer-installer debianized somewhere...

Christian Marillat has packaged MPlayer, it's available from
http://mplayer.nmeos.net.

AFAIK, MPlayer is now GPLd. Don't know why it isn't in the archive, but it's
just an apt line away.

PS, Marillat has a bunch of other great non-us A/V goodies packaged. Check out
http://marillat.free.fr/

--
COGITO EGGO SUM
 I think; therefore I am a waffle.