Re: [donation] AlphaServer 1000A 5/400

Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Another Alpha is badly needed for the Alpha port. I'm in the US so that
> > pretty much rules me out as a taker. If someone in that area can take it,
> > please do as I'd hate to see it go to waste or simply lose it.
>
> I'm not in a position to adopt this particular machine either, but could
> you expound on what the current needs of the Alpha port are?  Is there
> anything that those of us with our own Alphas can do to help?  (Besides
> persistently beating on badly-written code, obviously.)

It is helpful if we had working user-enterable chroot directories for
potato and stable on Alpha.  I recently had to track down a build error with
a security update on potato.  lully currently only provides the host
system.  Hence, a second machine that would run user chroot systems would
at least help a little bit.  It would also help in case lully should
break down and packages on alpha need to be compiled.

Regards,

	Joey

--
In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain