Re: [donation] AlphaServer 1000A 5/400

Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Another Alpha is badly needed for the Alpha port. I'm in the US so that
> > pretty much rules me out as a taker. If someone in that area can take it,
> > please do as I'd hate to see it go to waste or simply lose it.
> I'm not in a position to adopt this particular machine either, but could
> you expound on what the current needs of the Alpha port are?  Is there
> anything that those of us with our own Alphas can do to help?  (Besides
> persistently beating on badly-written code, obviously.)

It is helpful if we had working user-enterable chroot directories for
potato and stable on Alpha.  I recently had to track down a build error with
a security update on potato.  lully currently only provides the host
system.  Hence, a second machine that would run user chroot systems would
at least help a little bit.  It would also help in case lully should
break down and packages on alpha need to be compiled.

In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain