Re: [donation] AlphaServer 1000A 5/400

Hi Ron,

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 04:44:29PM -0700, Ron Farrer wrote:

> > A donor has offered an AlphaServer 1000A 5/400 to Debian. It's in
> > excellent condition, it's already running potato, and it doesn't
> > include any external peripherals.

> > Please respond to me directly if you are interested and could put it
> > to good use. The machine is located in Edinburgh, Scotland and is
> > quite heavy so geographic proximity is important. Priority, as usual,
> > goes to the admin-team, official projects, to developers, and to
> > alpha-specific needs although none of these are requirements. Be sure
> > to describe what you would use it for.
> <snip>

> Another Alpha is badly needed for the Alpha port. I'm in the US so that
> pretty much rules me out as a taker. If someone in that area can take it,
> please do as I'd hate to see it go to waste or simply lose it.

I'm not in a position to adopt this particular machine either, but could
you expound on what the current needs of the Alpha port are?  Is there
anything that those of us with our own Alphas can do to help?  (Besides
persistently beating on badly-written code, obviously.)

Cheers,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer