Re: Libtool problems

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 12:30:30PM +0200, Richard Atterer wrote:
> with libwww (see #161148) - for added entertainment value, everything
> works fine if I build the package on my machine, but libtool fails

Try purging the earlier version you have installed.  It will then fail
in the same manner.  You end up linking to the already-installed versions
of the libraries, rather than the ones you just built.

> silently on the autobuilders. Re-libtoolizing with 1.4.2-7 didn't
> help.

You need the patch from the libtool bug, that should be about it.  You need
to run the full gauntlet of auto* programs after libtoolize, however, and
then apply the patch.

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.