Re: Libtool problems building New Aspell

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 17:07:04 +0200, Peter Makholm wrote:
> The problems seems to be the same as described in the libtool bugs
> #57087 and #98342 but none of the suggested solutions seems to work. I
> think I've tried them all and now I'm giving up.
>
> If anyone want to look at the problem grab the sources at
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/aspell-0.50.2.tar.gz.

What symptoms are you seeing? That version of aspell appears to build fine,
at least in the following way:
- pbuilder create --distribution sid
- pbuilder login
- apt-get install debhelper libstdc++3-dev libltdl3-dev libncurses-dev
  libpspell-dev autotools-dev
- [copy the tarball into the chroot, unpack it]
- ./configure -v && make && make install

Ray
--
Those who are willing to trade their liberty for security deserve neither.
	Benjamin Franklin