Re: Libtool problems building New Aspell

"J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)" <dm@zensunni.demon.nl> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 17:07:04 +0200, Peter Makholm wrote:
>> The problems seems to be the same as described in the libtool bugs
>> #57087 and #98342 but none of the suggested solutions seems to work. I
>> think I've tried them all and now I'm giving up.
>>
>> If anyone want to look at the problem grab the sources at
>> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/aspell-0.50.2.tar.gz.
>
> What symptoms are you seeing?

The symptoms that are described in libtool bugs #57087 and #98342.

Not being able to do a

$ ./configure && make && make install prefix=`pwd`/debian/tmp

which is needed for building debian-packages. Only libaspell-common
gets installed and neither libaspell og libpspell gets installed.

The problem is, as stated ind the libtool bugs, that libtool silently
fails when trying to install more than one library from the same
source package.

--
 Peter Makholm     |    I congratulate you. Happy goldfish bowl to you, to
 peter@makholm.net |      me, to everyone, and may each of you fry in hell