Re: Libtool problems

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 12:30:30 +0200, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 09:53:37PM +0200, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> > libtool_1.4.2-7.1_i386.deb is a delayed NMU I did today, you can
> > fetch it from ftp-master.
>
> Does this fix libtool bug #98342?

Yes:
  * Applied Steve M. Robbins reworked version of Sam "Eddie" Couter's
    "inst-prefix" patch to have libtool deal properly with inter-library
    dependencies between un-installed libraries.
    Verified that the resulting packages indeed fix the problem using libgsf
    and imagemagick as testcases in a pbuilder chroot.
    (Closes: #57087,#98342,#149223,#150921)

> I'm suffering from the same problem with libwww (see #161148) - for added
> entertainment value, everything works fine if I build the package on my
> machine, but libtool fails silently on the autobuilders.

Presumably because on your machine the library being depended on is already
installed which isn't the case with the autobuilders.

> Is a build-depends on libtool required?

No, just relibtoolizing before "dpkg-source -b" so the ltmain.sh being
included is the fixed one.

HTH,
Ray
--
[...] computer source code, though unintelligible to many, is the preferred
method of communication among computer programmers.