Re: CDs in courses

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 06:18:17PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Is there no proper artwork at <http://www.debian.org/CD/artwork/>?
> If not, is there anybody willing to donate something in proper
> formats?

I've been working on a layout for a while, unfortunately I haven't
found the time lately to finish it. It is going to have a few features
that none of the existing artwork has:

  - Full set of jewel case front, jewel case back and disc label for
    all 8 CDs, all arches and source
  - Format is PDF
  - Easy regeneration for new releases (edit .tex, rerun pdflatex)
  - Debian logo and swirl are stored as vectors rather than bitmaps,
    so it looks great even when offset printed.
  - Despite the fact that the PDF will have ~300 pages, it'll be
    fairly small (maybe about 600k). This is because the background
    images (which also include the drop shadows for the logo etc.) are
    inlined as JPEGs and shared between all the pages.
  - Very nice design (but you knew that; after all, I made it... ;-)

I'm not sure how soon I can finish it, I'll try to get it done before
3.0r1.

Cheers,

  Richard

--